Hudson Valley CASH Coalition
Dutchess and Orange Counties of New York State
Members: AARP Tax-Aide, Catholic Charities, Cornell Cooperative Extension, DC Community Action Partnership, North East Community Center, United States Internal Revenue Service, and United Way
Hudson Valley CA$H Coalition (Creating Assets, Savings and Hope) is a group of organizations dedicated to helping families and individuals in the Hudson Valley save money and improve their financial stability. The coalition provides free federal and state tax preparation for taxpayers living in New York counties of Dutchess and Orange. To ensure the quality of the service, tax preparers receive many hours of training and are certified by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. In 2014 over 6720 tax returns were prepared and filed in Orange and Dutchess counties.
- To get more information about tax preparation locations in Dutchess and Orange Counties, call 2-1-1 or 800-899-1479 (daily, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.) . You can schedule an appointment at some sites.
- Tax preparation sites are open from February until April 15, 2014. Federal and state tax returns for tax year 2014 will be prepared and filed electronically.
- Get more information (pdf) about free tax preparation service.
- Get ready for your meeting with a tax counselor. Download and print the
readiness checklist (pdf)
to make sure you have all the important documents for your appointment. More info here.
To help your friends, neighbors and family, tell them about free tax preparation services by:
- Sending an email with a link to this website.
- Download a poster to print and display at your workplace, school, church or in your community. English Spanish
- View links labeled "pdf" using Adobe Reader. Download the free Adobe Reader directly from Adobe's website.
- The Hudson Valley CASH Coalition depends on many volunteers. We are looking for people who have experience preparing their own taxes and will commit to a minimum of 4 hours/week by choosing either daytime, evening or weekend appointment hours. If you are interested in learning more about opportunities for volunteering visit the Hudson Valley CASH Coalition Volunteer Website.
- Visit members' websites:
AARP Tax-Aide (NY),
Cornell Cooperative Extension,
DC Community Action Partnership,
North East Community Center,
United States Internal Revenue Service,
United Way of the Dutchess-Orange region,
HV Federal Credit Union Care, and
Hudson Valley 211
- For tax preparation sites outside of Dutchess and Orange Counties, see the tax preparation site locator on the AARP Tax-Aide website.